Sometimes in our lives, we find that picking up stuff from the floor or high shelves is no longer an easy task. This applies in particular if you’ve experienced any injuries that limit your movement. If you are elderly and now experience back pain when you bend the easiest way to regain your independence is by using a nifty nabber. This is a tool that picks up items like a third hand. It is basically lightweight, and the jaws clamp evenly on items for a safe lift. Due to the competitive markets, it is difficult to attain your best nifty hand without going through cheap and poor quality. So how do you know that your pick is the best? The list below will discuss performance and features of the best and hopefully make your choice informed.
Details to consider when purchasing a Nifty Nabber
Is it designed to help maintain an upright position when in use? Remember to test it for this aspect.
Weight of the Nifty Nabber
If your arms are weak, pick a lightweight reacher. You do not want to add more strain to your already weakened arms
What material makes the nifty grabber you choose? Aluminum and steel are durable metals for grabbers. However, steel may be heavier than aluminum
The price of nifty nabbers is not always dependent on the quality. Some cheap models perform equally as the expensive ones. Read different reviews to get the best deal.
- 10. Reacher Grabber Japanese Pick up Tool, Multipurpose, Lightweight, Ergonomic, and Rotating Head in 22or 28 inches Long
- 9. Unger 32” Nifty Nabber NT080 Trigger Grip
- 8. Unger 34-Inch Nifty Nabber, Plus 960470C
- 7. Unger Professional, 36-Inch Nifty Nabber
- 6. TA5105 36-Inch Steel grip Pick up tool by STEEL GRIP
- 5. BirdRock Home Pick Up Tool Reacher Grabber, 32-Inch Aluminum, Rotating Rubber Grip, Lightweight
- 4. Calibre Care High-Quality Nifty Nabber Reacher Grabber for Hard to Reach Places Elderly and Disabled
- 3. VIVE Reacher Grabber 32-Inch Suction Cup, Grip Mobility Aid Heavy Duty with Long Extender for Trash, iPad, Litter Pickup, Bulb Removal
- 2. VIVE Rotating Grip Reacher Grabber Mobility Aid, Extra Long with Arm Extension for Litter, Trash Pick-up
- 1. Ettore Grip’n Grab 32-Inch Grab Tool 49036
10. Reacher Grabber Japanese Pick up Tool, Multipurpose, Lightweight, Ergonomic, and Rotating Head in 22or 28 inches Long
- By: AIJ
- Item Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: N/A
This very functional nifty nabber is by AIJ. The design is excellent for use by anyone who can make a fist. It is the handiest tool for reaching those hard to get places. The head can rotate 90 degrees to reach things in corners and under furniture. It is of high quality with a construction from aluminum and plastic. This property enables it to lift heavier items without breaking. You will maintain an upright position when picking up stuff.
If you have lower back pain or have recently gone through some injuries, this is the ideal tool for you. You do not need to call out someone for help when reaching high shelves. You can easily do it by yourself. It is capable of pick even the smallest metallic objects. The hooks have a magnet to pick up metallic items.
- It has a sturdy design
- It is rust-resistant
- The pinchers are of rubber; hence do not slip
- It cannot be used by persons who cannot make a fist.
9. Unger 32” Nifty Nabber NT080 Trigger Grip
- By: Unger
- Item Weight: 9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 5 x 31 inches
Get the original nifty nabber by Unger. It is the highest ranking and best seller on the market today. Get to pick and collect stuff fast and easy. It has an adorable green theme. It is the best pick for garbage collection on grass and pavements as it has a firm grip on items. The pinchers carry a small magnet to pick even small metallic objects.
It can reach out up to 32 inches in length. You can pick up at ground level or high up above your waist. The handle uses a trigger-pull system that enables you to maintain a steady hold on objects. You can quickly lower the stuff you collect as the frame is robust.
- It is flexible for relieving stress on arms when in use
- The head rotates 360 degrees
- It cannot be used to lift heavy objects.
8. Unger 34-Inch Nifty Nabber, Plus 960470C
- By: Unger
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 1.5 x 32 inches
What other tools could you ask for, when you have thirty-four inches of length from this nifty nabber? Unger continues to impress with their reliable tools. This one has shown great resilience when used for lifting large objects. Its head can rotate 360 degrees for picking even the irregular shaped objects.
You’ll love how efficient it is for picking up unhygienic yard garbage. It features an ergonomic design which ensures you do not bend even when lifting bigger stuff. The hooks have magnets for picking metal. You can easily get coins with this one. The hooks are also ribbed for picking slim objects like pins and needles.
- Ideal for the elderly and disabled
- Uses a trigger-pull system for comfortable lifting and lowering
- This plus model comes in only one color
7. Unger Professional, 36-Inch Nifty Nabber
- By: Unger
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 38.5 x 2.6 x 3.9 inches
This is a very long reaching nifty nabber and once again from Unger. It’s easy to see why we love their tools. They show resilience and capability. The frame has a sturdy construction from aluminum. It does not show stress joints when picking large items. It is also lightweight to reach high places without stressing the arms.
It can rotate 360 degrees so that your wrist does not turn when reaching for stuff in small spaces. This rotation also helps to keep valuable objects upright. The pinchers are fitted with rubber so that smooth and delicate objects do not get scratches. It also has ridges in the pinchers and a magnet for picking small and thin metallic objects. You can utilize this reacher in just about every situation.
- It provides service for a long time due to the sturdy construction
- The jaws open wide to pick large objects with ease
- It cannot perform heavy-duty lifting
6. TA5105 36-Inch Steel grip Pick up tool by STEEL GRIP
- By: Steelgrip
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 36.5 x 8 x 1.5 inches
If you are tired of climbing step stools to access high points on your shelves, the Steelgrip pick up tool is just the ideal fit for you. It has a long reach of up to 36 inches. You can access stuff without bending or lifting your feet with it. The grip is firm and uses a press and release mechanism to raise and lower objects. Its metallic frame is of aluminum. It makes it capable of lifting quite a bit of weight. Its jaws have a magnet for quick picking of metal objects.
The claws are heat treated such that they stay in good condition for a long time. Maintenance for this tool is easy. You wipe with a damp cloth, and it’s as good as new. The handle is a hard flexible plastic that is easy to use. You will comfortably lift and lower without stressing your wrists.
- It has a robust but lightweight design
- It is ideal for persons with lower back pain
- Some users indicate that it is a bit heavy for them, but that is a little subjective
5. BirdRock Home Pick Up Tool Reacher Grabber, 32-Inch Aluminum, Rotating Rubber Grip, Lightweight
- By: BirdRock Home
- Item Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 32 x 1 x 4 inches
BirdRock gives us a uniquely designed tool. Everyone can use it since it is lightweight. If you are a senior or disabled this tools was designed for you. The style is ergonometric so that you may never have to bend your back. No more straining to install bulbs or take litter from the gutter. It is very comfortable to use. The handle maintains a firm grip since it has soft rubber padding.
You’ll love the versatility of this nifty nabber. You can use it from a horizontal or a vertical position. Now you can pick even the oddly shaped items. You will no longer strain your knees for it is flexible and rotates 90 degrees. Aluminum makes it resistant to corrosion and rust; hence it is a very durable tool.
- The rubber padded jaws prevent items from sliding
- It is sturdy and breakage resistant
- It does not have a magnet on the pinchers.
4. Calibre Care High-Quality Nifty Nabber Reacher Grabber for Hard to Reach Places Elderly and Disabled
- By: Calibre Care
- Item Weight: N/A
- Product Dimensions: 32.5 x 2 x 4.5 inches
Most of us do not utilize the upper shelves in our kitchens because we can’t reach to put in stuff. But with the Calibre Care nifty nabber, your issues will be solved in an instant. This reacher is ideal for disabled and seniors, for all those items you feel need to be in an organized space. The grab jaws do not slip so you can pick up delicate items with comfort. The handles also have a rubber touch to help you grab and pick firmly.
You’ll love that it is useful for both indoor and outdoor reach. The aluminum construction makes it rust-resistant. It fits well in wet environments and stays in good condition. Because of the ergonomic design, you are relieved of the stress from bending and knee straining. You can even access tight spaces as the head can swivel to 90 degrees.
- It is sturdy for lifting large objects
- Very affordable
It cannot be used for very heavy objects
3. VIVE Reacher Grabber 32-Inch Suction Cup, Grip Mobility Aid Heavy Duty with Long Extender for Trash, iPad, Litter Pickup, Bulb Removal
- By: VIVE
- Item Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 32 x 2.9 x 1.2 inches
This is a unique style of nifty nabber by VIVE. It utilizes suction cups to pick up and lower stuff. It has been best rated for its flexibility and capabilities. It is the only suction cup nifty nabber that actually works. The handle is quite long and can access stuff from even tight spaces, like behind shelves. It is lightweight, therefore suitable for anyone who has movement problems.
It is steady and will pick up even odd shaped objects quick and easy. The suction cups are also fitted with rubber so that objects do not slip from their grip. The suction is strong so that you can safely pick up delicate items like your phone. You’ll notice that the head can rotate 90-degrees to reach all the odd places you thought impossible. The rubber cups plus the aluminum construction also allow for working in wet areas like the beach since they are corrosion resistant.
- It has an extended reach capacity
- The design is strong and durable
- It does not fold
2. VIVE Rotating Grip Reacher Grabber Mobility Aid, Extra Long with Arm Extension for Litter, Trash Pick-up
- By: VIVE
- Item Weight: N/A
- Product Dimensions: N/A
Vive is best known for their competitive and high-quality tools. This nifty nabber is just one of their best picks for easy and fast pick-ups. It has a strong style to lift even heavier objects. The pinchers can rotate a full 90-degrees to reach even tight spaces. With the dual construction, you can use it for vertical or horizontal lifts. Y
You’ll love how solid the handle is. It is rubber fitted to conform to your grasp for comfortable lifts. With this reacher, you will never strain your wrists again. It maintains an ergonomic design so that it can be utilized by anyone who experiences back pain or knee soreness.
- One can maintain their independence if they are disabled.
- It is rust and corrosion resistant; hence durable.
- It cannot be used to pick very heavy objects
1. Ettore Grip’n Grab 32-Inch Grab Tool 49036
- By: Ettore
- Item Weight: 9.1 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 33.5 x 4 x 5.2 inches
Our number one nifty nabber this year is the Ettore Grip’n Grab. It has all the necessary features you’d ever desire in a nifty nabber. First, it is affordably priced. You will be hard pressed to pass on such an offer. It can virtually access any space, from under furniture, tight spaces behind shelves and cupboards. Its head can rotate a total 90-degrees. This quality makes your arms relieved of stress when lifting large objects.
Secondly, you’ll love its robust and durable construction. Users indicate that they have used in pretty every situation. Even lifting litter out of pools and it remains unscathed by the extreme elements. It stands the best of time. Lifting even fragile objects is safe as it has rubber fitted jaws that keep objects firm on its grip. It is the best relief for back strain and knees soreness.
- It is convenient for all inaccessible spaces
- Reasonably priced
- It cannot lift items over five pounds